Booking Terms & Conditions
We look forward to welcoming you. When you make your booking you are entering into an agreement with us. Please read our Terms and Conditions of booking below.
This property is privately owned and is our home. We expect all guests to enjoy the facilities and treat the property with the same respect that they would with their own house.
Payment / Cancellation Terms
- A contract between you and the owners will come into existence when we receive payment and accept your booking by issuing a confirmation of booking for the holiday dates shown in the rental agreement. The contract binds you and all the members of your party. It is your responsibility to ensure that all members of your party accept the terms of the contract set out in these terms & conditions of booking.
- A non-refundable deposit of 20% of the holiday price is payable at the time of booking. The balance must be paid no later than two weeks before the commencement date of your holiday. If the balance is not received by the due date then your holiday will be treated as a cancellation and the client will remain liable to pay the balance of the rent.
- Bookings made less than two weeks prior to your arrival date must be paid in full.
- All cancellations must be immediately notified by telephone or e-mail. If you cancel your holiday more than two weeks before it is due to start then your deposit will be forfeit. If you cancel less than two weeks prior to the holiday then the full balance remains due and is not refundable.
- We strongly advise that you take out comprehensive travel insurance. If you choose not to then you accept responsibility for any loss that you may incur due to your cancellation.
- The owner will not cancel your booking except in exceptional circumstances beyond our control. Notification will be given of the cancellation as soon as possible and we will promptly refund all payments made for your holiday. Our liability for cancellation will be limited to payments made to us.
- One well-behaved dog is allowed on the premises with the prior consent of the owner at an additional charge of £30 per stay.
Good Housekeeping Deposit – £200
- The Good Housekeeping Deposit (GHD) from you represents your agreement to leave the property as found. In making a booking you accept responsibility for any theft, loss, breakage or damage caused by you or any member of your party and agree to indemnify us in full for any loss that we may incur as a result. On arrival, we will request that you pay the £200 GHD by credit card. Once the housekeeper confirms all is in order at the Wing after your departure, the authorised amount will be released back to your card, no later than10 days after it was held from.
- Damage to property – Please treat the facilities and accommodation with due care so that other guests may continue to enjoy them. In the event that you notice damage in your accommodation please let us know immediately so that we can take the appropriate action. The accommodation will be inspected at the end of your holiday and if any loss or damage is found, you may be charged.
- The number of persons using the accommodation at any time must not exceed four and only those people listed on the booking form can occupy the “Wing” self-catering unit. We reserve the right to terminate the booking without notice and without refund in case of a breach of this condition.
- Guests are reminded to make sure that external doors and windows are locked when they leave the property unoccupied.
- The client may in no circumstance re-let or sublet the property, even free of charge.
- This property is not suitable for wheelchair access or for children under the age of 12 years.
- We (the owners) reserve the right to enter the apartment at any time to undertake essential maintenance or for inspection purposes.
- Tenancies normally commence from 3.30pm unless otherwise agreed and guests are required to vacate the premises by 10.30am on the day of departure. This allows the accommodation to be thoroughly cleaned and prepared for incoming guests. Guests are requested to leave the accommodation in a clean and tidy condition prior to their departure.
- Smoking or use of E cigarettes is NOT permitted inside the Wing premises. This must be strictly adhered to and any damage or extra cleaning caused by smoking will be at your expense. A smoking point is situated outside on the Wing decking.
- Pets are under no circumstance allowed on the beds or furniture. Any damage caused by pets shall be at your expense and will be recharged by the property owners. Pets must be kept on the leash at all times when outside. This is to ensure the safety of the wildlife around our property.
- The owners shall not be liable for any temporary defect or malfunction of any equipment, machinery or appliance in the building, grounds or Log Cabin.
- We reserve the right to terminate a holiday without compensation where the unreasonable behaviour of the persons named on the booking (or their guests) may impair the enjoyment, comfort or health of others.
- Any problems or complaints which the client may have concerning their holiday, should be reported directly to the owners as soon as possible and we will endeavour to put matters right. Please note that we cannot consider complaints made by the client after departure.
- Guests are free to roam our grounds at their own risk, but should note that there are dangerous areas on our property. Please observe all warning signage as it is there for the clients’ protection.
- We (the owners) do not accept any liability for damage, loss or injury to any member of your party or any vehicles or possessions, unless proven to be caused by a negligent act by ourselves or our employees whilst acting in the course of their employment.
Internet and Data Protection
- Wi-Fi is available (at no extra cost) subject to technical availability. By using our Wi-Fi Service you automatically agree to the terms and conditions of use in force at the time.
- Please refer to the Lochwood House Guesthouse GDPR policy. This Privacy Notice explains how we at Lochwood House Guesthouse use any personal information we collect about you.
Use of Log Cabin
- When using the Log Cabin, guests must follow the rules listed below:
- Observe all warning signs.
- Do NOT lean over the deck railings at any time.
- Be aware that the decking may be slippery in wet or icy conditions.
- When using the gas barbecue, please ensure that the gas supply is disconnected after usage.
- Ensure that the facilities are left clean and tidy.
- Disposable cups, plates, serving trays and cutlery, can be purchased from the owner.
- Guests must ensure that all lights, oil filled electric heater and electric log effect fire, are switched off on leaving the cabin.
- For safety reasons, guests must not drink excessively and should vacate the log cabin by 11.30pm. The owners reserve the right to request guests to vacate the log cabin if the above rules are being breached.