Booking Terms & Conditions
Bed & Breakfast
We look forward to welcoming you. When you make your booking you are entering into an agreement with us. Please read our terms and conditions of booking below.
Arrival and Departure
- Check in is available from 3:00pm on arrival date. Check-in times outside of those specified must be confirmed with us prior to arrival.
- We ask that you please vacate your room by 10.30am on the morning of departure.
- In order for us to confirm a reservation, credit/debit card details are required to secure your booking. No payment is taken from this card unless you ask us to. The exception to this is for cancellation of your reservation within 7 days of your planned arrival date (see cancellation by the guest policy below). To cover this eventuality, we reserve the right to pre-authorise the card with a charge equivalent to the room(s) single night rate.
- If you are unable to secure the booking with a credit/debit card then we require payment by online banking or BACS, for the full amount of the stay. We will then send confirmation once the money has cleared.
- Bookings made onlineor via online travel agents may be subject to differing terms and conditions in force at the time of booking. This is to protect your security in carrying out the booking and providing credit card details over the internet.
Cancellation by the Guest
- We are a small business, so cancellations can have a big impact on us, especially if we have turned away potential guests in favour of someone who has already booked and who then cancels. We do, however, appreciate that unforeseen circumstances can intervene, and we try to be as sympathetic and helpful as possible in such cases.
- In the event of a cancellation up to 7 days prior to the scheduled date of arrival no charge will be made.
- If you cancel your reservation within 7 days of the scheduled date of arrival a cancellation charge equivalent to the room(s) single night rate will be made.
- In the case of the guests failing to arrive without notification, they will be liable to the total cost of the booking reservation.
- We take all bookings in good faith, as we are unable to judge reasons for change, cancellation or non-arrival. Guests are reminded that no exceptions to the above conditions will be made and that any booking made with Lochwood House Guest House for either accommodation, services, meals or drinks that are pre booked (verbal or written) forms a legally binding contract. For this reason we advise that you take out a suitable insurance product to cover against unexpected costs such as cancellation fees. In addition, we may take legal action, through the Courts, to recover any outstanding debts.
Cancellation by Us
- Should it become necessary for us to cancel a booking we will contact you immediately. Any payments made to us will be refunded in full. Should you wish to, we will attempt to book you into another local bed and breakfast of the same grading in a similar standard of room(s). Should this establishment be more expensive than Lochwood House Guest House, we will pay up to a maximum of £25 of the difference, for the first night of your stay. Our liability will not extend beyond these conditions.
- Car parking is available for guests’ use at the side of the house. Cars parked here are at owners risk.
Damage and Breakages
- Please take care of our home. You are responsible and liable for any breakages or damages which you may cause to the accommodation or its contents. Please report these as soon as they occur especially if you accidentally spill something – it’s much easier to clean if we know what it is and act quickly. We do not normally charge for breakages, but we reserve the right to charge for repair or making good if the damage is significant.
Internet and Data Protection
- Wi-Fi is available (at no extra cost) subject to technical availability. By using our Wi-Fi Service you automatically agree to the terms and conditions of use in force at the time.
- Please refer to the Lochwood House Guesthouse GDPR policy. This Privacy Notice explains how we at Lochwood House Guesthouse use any personal information we collect about you.
- You have access to the building and your room 24 hours a day throughout your stay using a set of keys given to you when you register on arrival. You have full responsibility of these keys for the duration of your stay. Lost keys will be charged at £10.00 per set.
- We do not accept any liability for any damage, loss or injury to any member of your party or any vehicles or possessions, unless proven to be caused by a negligent act by ourselves or our employees whilst acting in the course of their employment.
- We regret that children, under 12 years of age, cannot be accommodated.
Use of Log Cabin
Lochwood House has a secluded log cabin with panoramic views, which is primarily for the use of guests renting our self-catering Wing facilities. B&B guests are however welcome to use these facilities if they are not in use by guests from the Wing. Please check with the owners on the log cabin status.
- When using the Log Cabin, guests must follow the rules listed below:
- Observe all warning signs.
- Do NOT lean over the deck railings at any time.
- Be aware that the decking may be slippery in wet or icy conditions.
- We are happy to return items that have been left following departure. However, there will be a minimum charge of £10.00 to cover postage and packaging.
- We reserve the right to charge for missing items.
- Any outstanding charges due by the client, are to be settled on the morning of departure. We accept most credit and debit cards and cash. (to be revised)
- Pets are not permitted in Lochwood House B&B accommodation.
- We reserve the right to change our prices at any time. This does not affect bookings already made.
- Smoking, including the use of e-cigarettes, is NOT permitted within any part of Lochwood House. Please note that offending guests may be asked to leave immediately and may be liable for professional cleaning of any rooms and any outstanding balance of nights booked but not taken through early departure. A dedicated smoking area is available on the front verandah.
- Lochwood House Guest House reserve the right, at its discretion, to terminate, without notice, an individual’s stay where deemed necessary through unacceptable behaviour or as a result of actions which are likely to endanger or offend others (Please note that non compliance of our non smoking policy may constitute termination). In such circumstances any outstanding account must be settled, no refunds will be made.
Garden / Grounds
- Guests are free to walk anywhere on our grounds at their own risk. Guests must note that there are dangerous areas where there are steep drop offs at the back of the property, an unfenced stream and rock faces along the sea loch front, which are very slippery when wet. Please observe all warning signs.